Saturday, April 17, 2010

Roasted Parmesan Potato Wedges



Taste of Home

I truly enjoy making my own potato wedges.  I've made different kinds...hot and spicy, herb, etc. and we always enjoy it.  Something quick and easy to make when your pressed for time as well.  I found this recipe in one of my Taste of Home's Magazine a while back.  I've made this before but I used that canned Parmesan cheese instead of freshly grated Parmesan cheese and didn't like it at all!  That canned stuff sucks!  I've tried it on severely dishes like lasagna, baked ziti, etc. and it still gross me out!  So I don't buy that stuff anymore!  Fresh all the way!  That's just my opinion.  I have a lot of friends who enjoys it.  These potato wedges also are good with some chili on top!  Yummy!  I guess my reason for posting this recipe today because I'm actually thinking about making some tonight. 

Ingredients:
4 potatoes
2 tsps canola oil (I always use EVOO)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp seasoned salt (I just use salt and smoked paprika)
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper
*To kick it up a notch add some cayenne pepper!  I almost always do!  I love spicy food!  ;)

Cut each potato lengthwise in half.  Cut each half into three wedges.  In a large bowl, sprinkle potatoes with oil; toss to coat.  Combine the remaining ingredients.  Add to potatoes; toss to coat.



Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking pan coated with cooking spray.  Sprinkle with any remaining coating.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown and tender.

Enjoy!

Jill's Comfort Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment