Thursday, April 8, 2010

Baked Whole Coated Chicken

I made this two years ago!  Oh my, talk about delish!!!!  I get tired of making the same old boring dishes and was looking for something different to do with my whole chicken.  My foodie friend, Carol (Little c), told me about this method.  Thanks hun! It's really simple...

Preheat oven 350 degrees.  Clean your chicken How to Bake Chicken.  I posted this link because some people have never baked a whole chicken before and there's nothing wrong with that!  We all have things that we haven't done yet.  Anyway, after you've clean the chicken, pat dry and season as you like.  For me I use different herbs and seasonings from time to time.  Since I was going to coat the chicken with Idahoan's Butter and Herb Instant Mashed Potatoes, I didn't use any herbs. 


I just seasoned the chicken with smoked paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.  Then I cut up some onions, red peppers, and green peppers and stuffed some inside the chicken.  Left some to add to inside the baking dish. 



Then I coated the chicken with the package of Idahoan Butter and Herb Instant Mashed Potatoes. 
Covered the dish and bake for about 1 hour to 1 hour 1/2.  Uncover for the last 30 minutes cooking time and cook until lightly brown and crisp! 

Enjoy!


Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Jill..do you always bake your chickens breast side down? I don't like how it makes the skin all wiggly down there. Or do you flip yours over half way through cooking time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do KB! I also flip it half way through cooking as well! Oops...forgot to add that in the recipe! LOL

    ReplyDelete