Saturday, May 21, 2011

Jamaican Beef Patties

Well I'm getting ready for my Housewarming/Birthday Celebration on June 11th!  I'm going through my cook books trying to finalize my menu and put together my shopping for next month.  Time to get started!!!!  I tell ya, I'm sooooo excited about this gathering because I'm going to see some old time friends and family that I haven't seen in years!  Some are traveling miles just to come see me and I'm sure my delicious food plays a big part!  LOL!  But all jokes aside I get all choked up every time I buy something or start arranging things for this even!   I'm looking forward to a great time next month!  Great friends, delicious food, wine and music...you can't expect nothing but the best time ever!!!!

Which brings me to this recipe which was a big hit at my previous Housewarming about 6 or 7 years ago.  I'm thinking about making these next month but not sure.  I just wanted to share this recipe with you guys because it was truly delish.  I can't remember where I found this recipe from (I found it a along time ago.) but I found it online some where.  One ingredient I didn't use was the Jamaican rum.  Maybe I'll contact Jazzie's dad to see if he can get a hold of some one of these days but for right now I'll just do without it. 


 Ingredients: (Yields 48 appetizer size patties) *Double ingredients for more.
*1 pack puff pastry, (I used something else but can't think of the name right now) Update: I found them!  hahaha
*1 Tbp Jamaican rum
*1/2 lb ground beef
*1/2 cup diced onion
*1/2 cup green onion
*2 Tbsps diced jalapeno peppers
*1 tsp thyme
*1/4 cup curry powder
*1 tsp salt
*1 tsp white pepper
*1/4 cup bread crumbs

In a sauce pan, begin to brown the ground beef over medium heat along with the onion, green onion and the jalapenos.  Add thyme, curry powder, rum, salt and pepper.  Combine and cook for an additional 3 minutes turn off the heat, add the bread crumbs and let cool.

Remove the puff pastry from the freezer about 20 minutes prior to using it.  Lay out the puff pastry sheets and cut out 48 circles with a 2 inch cookie cutter.  Remove the excess dough scraps and using a rolling pin, roll out each circle slightly.

In the center of each dough circle, place a tsp of the cooled meat mixture.  Fold over the dough to form a half-moon shape.  Crimp together the edges with a fork.  Place on a cookie sheet and place in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.


I didn't take a picture because I was too busy in the kitchen at that time.  It was a crazy moment in the kitchen with my Bestie, Ebony Simpson!  LOL!  We still laugh about it this very day!  I couldn't find my cook books...OMG it was a crazy moment but everyone had a great time! 

Enjoy!


Jill's Comfort Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment