Sunday, April 3, 2011

Meatloaf

I have been trying to master meatloaf for sometime now. Every time I made it it always fell apart! Well last week I nailed this MOFO!!!! It stayed together...nice and firm and it wasn't dry either! I'm so proud of myself! ;) I wanted to serve mashed potatoes with it but I was out of potatoes so we had mixed veggies and seasoned rice! Since I chopped up too much onions and peppers I added the rest to my rice.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup yellow onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup green bell peppers
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 Italian seasoning
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 bread crumbs
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
About 2 splashes of Worcestershire Sauce
EVOO

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small nonstick sauce pot or pan, heat EVOO over medium high heat. Once oil is hot add onion and green peppers and saute for about 5 minutes. Set vegetable mixture aside and allow to cool.


Combine ground pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, Italian seasoning and paprika in a small bowl. In a large mixing bowl combine seasoning blend, eggs, milk, half of ketchup and Worcestershire Sauce. Beat mixture well using a whisk or fork.

Next form meat mixture by adding together all ingredients to the ground beef. Now using your hands or a wooden spoon, mix all the ingredients together until uniform. Form meat mixture into a loaf by lightly packing into the loaf pan. Slightly round off the top of your loaf for presentation purposes. pour the remaining ketchup over the top of the loaf. Evenly spread the ketchup over the top using a spatula or spoon.


Bake at 350 degrees for about 2 hours. Don't allow meat to dry out. Let meatloaf stand for about 12 minutes before slicing. This was truly delish!!!!



See....still in tact!  Love it!!!!  Go Jill!  Go Jill!  LOL


Enjoy!


Jill's Comfort Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment