Saturday, May 21, 2011

Baked Scallops



Who doesn't love seafood?  Well I sure do!  The girls and I truly love some seafood.  I haven't been able to cook as much seafood like I use to do to the fact that I moved to the West End and we're not near a Fish Market.  I don't like to buy seafood from the Supermarkets because it's not really fresh.  Man oh man how I miss having my monthly seafood feasts.  SMH!  Well I enjoy scallops...sometimes they can be a little too fishy depending on the way they are made.  I like them baked most of the time and served over some pasta.


Ingredients:
*1 1/2 lbs bay scallops or sea scallops, quartered or whole
*2 Tbsps dry white wine or sherry
*1 Tbsp lemon juice
*1/4 tsp sea salt
*1/4 tsp white pepper
*1/8 garlic powder
*1/2 cup bread crumbs (optional)
*1/2 tsp dried parsley
*pinch cayenne
*2 Tbsps melted butter
*sprinkle paprika

Preheat oven 400 degrees.  Pour melted butter into a baking dish.  Distribute butter and scallops evenly inside the dish.  Mix wine, lemon juice, salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic powder and dried parsley in a bowl.  Pour mixture over scallops.

Bake until scallops are firm, about 20 minutes.

Enjoy!


Jill's Comfort Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment