Saturday, May 21, 2011

Oven Fried Chicken

Oh you know I had to experiment. One day I was looking at this whole chicken and thought "I sure don't want bake chicken". I didn't wanna stand over the stove frying chicken either...I was just in to mood for something new and quick (hassle free). Ha, well I ended up cutting up the chicken then still looking at it I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. I never made oven fried chicken before so why not!

Pretty simple...all you need is a fryer chicken, flour, your favorite seasoning blend and butter.  Preheat oven 425 degrees.



Cut up the chicken, season with salt and pepper.  Then I seasoned my flour with my usual seasoning when I fry chicken and toss to coat the chicken pieces.  I can't remember how much butter I used but I melted some and poured in a foiled lined baking pan.  Add the chicken to the pan and cook for about an hour or more.  After 30 minutes or so turn the chicken, lower the stove temperature to 325 degrees and cook for the remainder cooking time. This was really delish!!!!  The chicken comes out nice and crispy as you can see!  Yummy!

Enjoy!

Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment