Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Shredded Beef

Before I begin, I would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year!!!! I've been so busy in 2010 getting my life in order I haven't had much time to blog. I thank God for a Blessed ending of 2010 and welcoming many more Blessing in 2011! For Christmas my oldest niece, Shaneiqua, and my grand nephew, lil Bilal, came to visit us for a few days and I truly enjoyed their stay! I cried the morning they left...I'm still missing them and hope they come back soon! Love you guys! Many Blessings to my family, friends and blog readings for the year of 2011!!!! It feels good to be sitting here blogging once again. ;)

Today the girls are home from school due to the snow storm and I took the day off. The snow requested my presence to stay at home. LOL! (Well that's my conclusion...) I was stuck on the bus coming home from work last night for 3 hours!!!! It took me almost 4 and a 1/2 hours to get home and I sure wasn't going through that struggle today so home I stayed. ;)

Now that I'm able to upload my photo's to my computer finally I can search my delicious meals with you all! I made this Shredded Beef for my Tacos a few months ago in my crock pot and boy was it delish!!!! We had plenty left over which I used for Taco salad for lunch the next day and the girls made sandwiches with the rest. This recipe is truly easy, no fuss and delicious! I hope you enjoy it as well! We sure did!


*Some ingredients are missing from the picture.  I forgot to add them.  Sorry. 
Ingredients:

*2 to 3lbs round roast
*1 large onion, chopped
*3 Tbsp. canola oil
*3 garlic cloves, minced
*1 tsp salt
*Pepper
*About 2 tsps hot chili powder (Optional...you can use reg. chili powder)
*1 cup water
*pinch of cayenne (optional...I like mines spicy)
*2 jar of your favorite salsa, 1 and a 1/2 jars (save the rest for toppings)
*Tortillas



Toppings:
Lettuce, tomatoes, onions, salsa, sour cream and cheese. (or whatever you like)



Brown meat and onion in oil in a skillet. Transfer to crock pot. Add garlic, salt, cayenne, salsa and water. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.



Remove roast and shred meat with 2 forks. Mines was so tender I didn't have to worry about shredding too much because it was falling apart! Yummy! It just melted in your mouth with every bite!!!!!

*I returned the shredded beef back in the crock pot to absorb the rest of the juice for about 10 more minutes.


Remove and serve with your favorite tops!!!! Truly delish!!!

Enjoy!

Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment