Sunday, September 8, 2013

Brown Gravy

I always forget to post about the most important part to some of the most delicious savory dishes.  The gravy!!!!!  We all know that gravy complements most dishes we eat on a daily basis.  From here on out I will take more pictures when I make my different types and styles of gravy's.  This is one of the brown gravy's I make the most.  Simple and delish!  The first time I made this it came out too salty.  I keep forgetting that store brought stock has salt in it.  I've learned to lay off the added salt within time.

Ingredients:

1 can beef stock (2 cups)
1 to 2 Tbsps corn starch
meat drippings
Salt and pepper, to taste

Heat 1 cup of stock and add drippings.  Combine 1 cup of stock and corn starch in a cup and mix well.  Mix into heated stock slowly and stir slowly.

Add more cornstarch if needed to thicken or more stock to thin gravy.


Jill's Comfort Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment