Sunday, September 8, 2013

Crock Pot Asian-Inspired Beef Ribs

If you ever visit Pittsburgh, you must go down to the The Strip District!!!  Oh man do they have some delicious goodies down there!  A few years ago on one of my many Strip District adventures I decided to purchase some sake.  Of course once I got home I immediately went online to find some recipes to use the sake I purchase with.  Well on I have a similar recipe that I've tried on my blog like this one.  The hoisin and oyster sauce puts a little more spin on this one here.  Oh man, these turned out good!!!!  I think I found this recipe on Recipezaar. I can't really place the sake taste to this dish but I'll have to give it a go again...I'll keep you posted when I do.  Besides, I still need to come back to post some pictures.

What's funny is that I still have almost a full bottle of the sake left.  I wonder if it's still good to use?  I haven't thought about it until now.  LOL!  I brought it back in February 2012.  So should I toss it or use it?



Ingredients:

-4lbs beef back ribs
-2 Tbsps soy sauce
-2 Tbsps ginger, minced
-1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
-1/4 cup hoisin sauce
-1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
-3 Tbsps brown sugar or splenda
-2 Tbsps Sesame oil
-1 Tbsp oyster sauce
-2 Tbsps sake
-1 Tbsp Five-Spice powder
-1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

Coast ribs with flour and brown on all side in a frying pan in some canola oil.  Remove and place on a plate lined with paper towel to drain.  Mix all ingredients except for ribs in crock port.  Add the ribs one at a time, coating them with sauce.  Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.

Remove ribs and pour sauce into a separate container.  Allow fat to separate and skin off of top.  Return sauce to meat and serve.

Enjoy!

Jill's Comfort Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment