Friday, April 1, 2011

Fish Tacos

I just love me some fish tacos! I need to make a trip to Wilkinsburg one of these weekends so I can go to this Asian shop to buy some more Mahi Mahi! It is perfect for fish tacos! The first time I made fish tacos I used Mahi Mahi...they were delish! Every time I make these I try to jaz it up a bit or do something different. This time I finally used the red cabbage. I never brought red cabbage before because I didn't know what to do with the rest of it after I used it for the fish tacos. I've been looking at quite a few red cabbage recipes that I want to try but that's another blog adventure coming up! ;) Anyway, we truly enjoyed the fish tacos a few weeks ago. I used Tilaopia this time.

It's me!!!  Loving my new home!  I think once I get all the decorations out the way I'll blog more frequently!  Just so much to do and so little time!  ;)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup EVOO (add more if needed)
3/4 lime juice
1/4 tsp chili powder
1 Tbsp garlic, finely chopped
Pinch or two cayenne pepper
Salt
8 large tortillas Salsa (Your choice)
Sour cream
Sauteed onions, sliced
1 small head red cabbage
A cap full apple cider vinegar
5 fillets tilapia or the fish of your choice
 
In a bowl, mix together the EVOO, lime juice, chillie powder, cayenne and garlic. Place fish in a dish, pour mixture in and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes but not longer than 2 hours.



Thinly slice cabbage. Put in a small bowl. Sprinkle with vinegar and some salt. Mix together and set aside.


Pour a little EVOO in a pan and saute the onions. In the same pan, add more EVOO. Once heated, fry the tilapia (make sure you patted it dry) on both sides for about 5 minutes each side. Place fish on a plate cover with paper towel to soak up the grease. Break up the fish using a fork into chunks or you can cut them into strips and transfer to a warm plate.

Heat the tortillas in a pan on both sides. I set up a little try with all the toppings and it's just that simple! Everyone add what the like with the remaining ingredients and dig in! Delish!!!!

Enjoy!


Jill's Comfort Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment