Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sour Dough Pizza

I truly enjoy the taste of fresh sour dough bread. No I didn't make my own I brought some from Giant Eagles Bakery. So I guess I should call this a Semi Sour Dough Pizza?  LOL!  Well Since I'm the only one in the house who enjoys the taste of this delicious bread without anything on it, I had to make something so that it wouldn't go to waste. I couldn't eat the whole loaf by myself so I decided to make some pizza. I haven't made this in years...just might make this for Jazzie's slumber party. ;) Well, they girls truly enjoyed this pizza and didn't complain about the taste of the (not so good...as they would say) sour dough bread. This is really simple and quick to make especially if your not a baker like myself. I've never tried to make my own dough but it's on my To Try List!  ;)


Ingredients:

*A loaf of Sourdough bread (make your own or purchase from you favorite neighborhood bakery)
*A jar of pizza sauce (or make your own sauce)
*Shredded Italian Cheese mix
*Pinot Grigio Salami, sliced (or your favorite topping)

Preheat oven 375 degrees.  Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and assemble ingredients in the order that listed.  Bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.  We always add red crushed peppers and garlic on top of our pizza unless it's a veggie pizza. 





Enjoy!


Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment