Sunday, December 11, 2011

Crisp Confetti Salad



Hi my faithful readers and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! Yes I know, it's been a while since I've blogged about anything. I'm was going through some things and busy, busy, busy but I'm back now. I have so many tasty recipes to share with you guys which will take me sometime to get around to blogging about them. So please be patient with me. Anyway, I had such a Blessed Thanksgiving! My mom came to PA to visit us for two weeks and I enjoyed every moment! She stuck to her word and didn't cook a thing for Thanksgiving! LOL! We she did help me master her famous cornbread stuffing!

This recipes that I made last night was truly delicious!!! I believe I found this in either Rachael Ray's or Kraft magazine. I'm not sure because it's been so long since I've had it. The recipe called for some Planters Dry Roasted Peanuts but I forgot to buy them when I went food shopping yesterday so I just proceeded without them. I also added cucumbers because what's a salad without them? As you can see it's very colorful!!! I served this delish treat with Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Almonds and Honey, Hot Spicy Chicken Wings, and Coconut Cluster Pie! We don't really like Brussels Sprouts but after last night...this will become a frequent side dish in our house from now on. I just have to find tasty ways to make them. The last time I steamed with and added salt n pepper. And there was another time where I just sauteed them in some butter with onions and peppers. We didn't like it at all so I never made them again and that was like 2 to 3 years ago. Recipes for last night dinner soon to follow.

Ingredients:

4 cups coleslaw blend
2 cups sugar snap peas
2 large red peppers, cut into-strips (about 2 cups)
1/2 cup green onions slices
1/4 cup Planters Dry Roasted peanuts
1 can (15.25 oz) tropical fruit salad, drained
1/2 cup Kraft Zesty Italian dressing
1 cucumber, sliced

Combine all ingredients except dressing in large bowl. Add dressing to coat. Serve immediately.



Makes 10 servings, 1 cup each.

Enjoy!!!!



Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment