Sunday, December 11, 2011

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Almonds and Honey

Now as dark as these wings and Sprouts look in this picture trust me they weren't burnt! LOL! I'm telling the truth! I have to keep reminding myself that when I'm using honey to keep a more steady eye on the food so it won't get so dark. Like I mentioned in my Crips confetti Salad blog, we didn't like Brussels Sprouts until these. I found this in Rachael Ray's Magazine. Yummy!!!! Enjoy!

Ingredients:

3 pounds Brussels sprouts (I used less because I wasn't sure if we'd like them)
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup slivered almonds
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
3 Tbsps honey
3 Tbsps freshly squeezed lemon juice

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place sprouts, butter, and almonds on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper; toss to combine. Roast, stirring, until golden brown and tender, 35 to 40 minutes.



Transfer to a serving bowl; immediately dress with honey and lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.


Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment