Friday, April 24, 2015

Bacon Taco Shrimp Bowls

Bacon Taco Shrimp Bowls




Hello my foodie friends!  Yes it has been a while since I've blogged my delicious treats.  It has been one heck of a journey for me these past few years but I am Blessed!  I must admit that I truly missed coming here and sharing my food and life adventures.  Well I'm back now...can't wait to share the rest of my recipes and food pictures with you.  

I tried my hand at these Bacon Taco Bowls a few years ago.  Don't laugh...the bowls are not perfect at all.  LOL!  Just wanted to try something new.  After making this, I realize that I should have weaved the bacon together to get better and neater results.  Now I know.  Haha  I won't say that I'll be making this anytime soon since I haven't had any pork in over a year and a half now. Maybe for my cook book or for an event.  We shall see.  I've switch up my diet since the last time I've updated my food blog.  This recipe is pretty simple and absolutely delish!!!  My girls loved it!


Ingredients:

*Bacon
*Shrimps
*Lettuce
*Cucumbers
*Shredded Cheese (I forgot to put the cheese on them in these pictures.)
*Sour Cream
*Salsa
*Butter
*Garlic Power
*Salt and Pepper

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Turn muffin pan upside down and cover the cups with foil.  Set to the side.  

Weave the bacon together (don't slap it on like I did.) on the foiled covered cups.  Click this link How to Make Bacon Bowls to learn how to make the prefect bacon bowls.  After you've weaved your bacon, place them on the cups.

Place the muffin pan on a cookie sheet to catch the bacon grease.  Bake the bacon in the oven until crispy, about 12 minutes.  Remove the bacon cups from the pan and let them cool completely.   




Season the shrimps with salt, pepper and garlic powered.  In a sauce pan, melt the butter, add shrimps and sauteed.  Remove the shrimps and place in a bowl, set aside.

Once cooled, you can add the remaining ingredients into the bowls and enjoy! 



Jill's Comfort Zone

1 comment: