Saturday, June 29, 2013

Chive Mashed Potatoes



I use to find making mash potatoes nerve wrecking.  My hands have been fighting with Arthritis for about 6 to 7 years now.  So mashing potatoes wasn't pleasant.  They turned out delicious though!!!  I can't remember where I found this recipe from because I made this dish about 3 and 1/2 years ago.  I have made it a few times after and just did my own thing.  The potatoes just melts in your mouth!  So creamy and yummy!  I know...sorry it has been taking me so long to post recipes lately.  There are so many recipes I have to share with you.

Here is the ingredients and I'm sorry that I don't have the measures but I'm sure you can find one similar to this one online some where.  

-Red potatoes, peeled and cubed (I have also kept the peeling on at times.  Just make sure you rinse them off real good.)
-1 container sour cream
-butter + a few slices to add on top
-Salt and pepper, to taste
-chopped fresh chives
-pinch paprika



Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place potatoes in a large pot of water.  Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer until tender.  Drain.  

Combine potatoes, sour cream, butter, pepper and salt together and mash or blend until creamy.  As you can see, I used my hand blender.  Add in chives and paprika and stir until well blended.  



Spoon potato mixture into a casserole dish.  Add slices of butter on top along with some paprika and chives.  Bake in the oven until bubbling and serve.


I have seen some recipes that uses cream cheese as well.  I haven't tried it yet but will soon.  I will keep you posted.

Enjoy!


Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment